Kitchen bamboo flooring comes in a wide range of choices. Apart from its stunning look, bamboo flooring is among the greatest alternatives to the more traditional wood flooring due to its Eco-friendly features. Kitchen bamboo flooring also looks good, it is durable enough and will even cost you less. Bamboo flooring can be regarded as a renewable resource that can be used in order to renew your interior. It mixes both practicality and attractiveness due to its unique appearance and its easy to clean feature.
Bamboo Flooring, Supplier - Teragren
However, you should pay attention to the following things in order to make sure that your kitchen bamboo flooring maintains all its initial features. Start by considering the area you want to be covered by bamboo flooring in order to make sure that this area is not too prone to an excessive moisture. Bamboo is quite moisture resistant but you will have to avoid excessive moisture that can damage its features.
Another thing you should do is to consult all the conditions and terms of your bamboo purchase in order to make sure you have understood the installation and warranty information and instructions. Another thing you should do is to make sure that the sub floor is dry, clean and level before having your bamboo flooring installed. Next, you should inspect the boxes with bamboo flooring in order to remove any damaged planks. Allowing your kitchen bamboo flooring to acclimate right in the kitchen area you plan to cover is paramount. Allow the bamboo planks to expand and contract by adapting to the interior of your kitchen. Next, you should use tapping blocks in order to minimize every possible fracturing during the installation process.
Promo by Google
Are you looking for a way to save money on auto insurance? We've taken the mystery out of this confusing subject by outlining 10 simple steps to saving money while getting the best coverage for yourself and your car.
Auto Insurance reviews
Bamboo Flooring, Supplier - BambooHardWoods
Keep in mind that a 8-9% wastage factor is to be expected when placing your order for a particular bamboo flooring. For its proper maintenance, you should use damp or even dry brooms, vacuums and mops in order to keep its surface free of grit and dirt – dirt and grit may scratch the finish of the kitchen bamboo flooring. Another thing you should do is to use mats and runners right at its strategic points in order to guard the bamboo flooring against excessive moisture and dirt coming from outdoors. Be aware of any type of spill in order to have it cleared up as soon as possible.
Here are the main 5 types of bamboo flooring you can choose from in order to improve your kitchen design.
- Horizontal vs vertical bamboo flooring – during a gluing process, bamboo can be bound with its broader surface upwards or with its narrow edges facing up. These types of bamboo flooring are well known as horizontal and vertical bamboo flooring. Each of these two types of bamboo flooring comes with its visual benefits. Actually, everything is likely to depend on your own taste. But you should consider both these decorative choices before deciding which one is going to look and work best in your kitchen.
- The horizontal bamboo flooring is known for its node or knuckle patterns – this striking feature is a pattern that is naturally occurring in every type of bamboo. In fact, these special patterns are the natural equivalent of the growth rings that are specific to so many hardwood species. The vertical kitchen bamboo flooring comes with an unique surface, unmatched by other natural materials that are generally used for flooring. This vertical bamboo style is characterized mainly by its narrow and highly decorative channels that are caused by the necessary binding of every bamboo strip used for the kitchen flooring. Both horizontal and vertical styles are available in natural or carbonized colors.
- Bamboo flooring is already available in two shades: natural and carbonized. Actually, the color is determined by the boiling process that is used in order to prepare the bamboo. The natural color is a creamy and blond shade that can provide your space with extra brightness. The carbonized bamboo flooring is well known for its caramel and smoky hue – this hue is a direct result of a longer and special boiling process that causes all the remaining starches in the natural bamboo to caramelize.
Natural Bamboo Flooring, Supplier - BambooHardWoods
- Keep in mind that a longer boiling process will reduce the bamboo’s natural hardness by about 40%. So, the natural bamboo flooring is likely to remain a slightly harder and more resistant flooring. However, both colors should be regarded as being hard enough when compared to other hardwood special that are used for kitchen flooring.
- Strand-woven bamboo flooring is the direct result of a special process that was designed to leave very little wasted materials. All the excess materials that are left over from a filleting process go into making carbonized or natural bamboo flooring that is compressed, intertwined and bound. The agent that is used for binding is a scratch-resistant, save and UV resistant resin that will also provide the bamboo flooring with more resistance to excessive moisture.
Woven Bamboo Flooring, Supplier - EcoTimber
The whole process of compression will result in a very durable and hard type of kitchen bamboo flooring. The strand-woven flooring is typified by special grain patterns that are similar to the ones encountered in the case of a more traditional hardwood flooring. The strand-woven bamboo will be cut into planks, not needing further compression, unlike other regularly manufactured kitchen bamboo flooring.