What are you looking for?
- 10 Inspirational Modern Splashback Ideas
- 7 Creative Bathroom Tile Design Ideas
- Contemporary Glass Backsplash Designs
- A Guide to Fog Free Waterproof Bathroom TV
- Choosing a Bathroom Mirror TV
- Big Designs for Small Kitchen Sinks
- How to change a bathtub faucet in 8 simple steps.
- 7 Vibrant Red Kitchen Cabinets
- Bamboo Flooring for your Bathroom – The Basics.
- 8 Great Looking Kitchen Islands
- 7 Contemporary Shower Designs
- Kitchen Island Furniture - Suspended Seating
- 6 Space Saving Kitchen Pantries for Small Spaces
- 7 Innovative Shower System Designs
- Bathroom Shower Enclosure Ideas
Slate is a natural metamorphic and levered rock that can be split in order to get tiles of a thickness ranging from 9 to 15 mm. Slate is formed right where riverbed sediments are compressed in the ocean and heated by the natural crust of the earth. Slate tiles can provide a great visual impact, extra warmth and elegance to every space. A kitchen slate flooring can provide you with a good insulation when it comes to protection from cold and heat. Its durability and long life are well known – for instance, slate flooring is quite resistant to abrasion, chipping and cracking.
Slate Flooring, Supplier - Paramount Property Tiling Products
Slate has been used as a quality building materials thanks to its natural beauty, decorating versatility, durability and softness. Its natural texture, colors and other inherent qualities make slate flooring match all kinds of requirements imposed by a modern kitchen design. Slate kitchen flooring can provide you with the same durability as stone or ceramic tile flooring. However, a slate kitchen flooring can be quite hard on your feet; it can also stain unless sealed and you can find its slippery quite annoying.
Natural slate kitchen flooring was made available in a wide range of textures and styles, mainly because natural slate contains silt and clay particles. For instance, slate kitchen flooring is already available in green, brown, black or gold. Keep in mind that no 2 pieces of this type of flooring are very likely to look alike mainly because each slate flooring will come with its own one-of-a-kind and unique appearance. Slate kitchen flooring is also available in plenty of sizes, patterns and shapes.
Slate Flooring, Supplier - HARVEYS NATURAL FLOORING UK
Keep in mind that natural color variations are likely to occur but this will ensure the fact that your slate kitchen flooring is unique. Among the main advantages brought by a slate kitchen flooring is the fact that this type of flooring is almost indestructible. Slate flooring is an extremely wise choice for your kitchen if you are looking for a flooring material that can be long lasting, without being to affected by the daily tear and wear.
Another positive feature of the kitchen slate flooring is its striking appearance – the way a slate kitchen flooring may look can actually jump out right at you. Slate kitchen flooring can provide you with all the elegance and warmth any natural stone flooring can offer. The most common colors for a slate kitchen flooring are white and black but this natural stone can also be made available in other colors as well in order to have every kitchen design met. For instance, if you want to provide your kitchen with an unique look, you should try and match different colors with various shapes in order to create a genuine one-of-a-kind piece.
Slate Flooring, Supplier - Bennetts Flooring
Another thing you should know is that you ca match the slate flooring to your kitchen counter tops in order to blend the whole space together and get a very uniform and elegant look. If you live in colder weather conditions, a slate kitchen flooring will be the perfect choice for your kitchen, especially if your home is provided with radiant heating systems. This radiant heat will warm the tiles from your slate flooring thus providing you and your family with a very cozy and comfortable flooring to walk on when having to face colder winter months.
Slate Flooring, Supplier - The Home Depot
In conclusion, here are the pros for using a slate flooring for your kitchen:
- is stain and slip resistant (but you will have to seal it in the proper way in order to get this benefit).
- is easy to match to almost every kind of kitchen decor beacuse it blends quite well with a wide range of kitchen counter top materials.
- is able to withstand all the rough and day-to-day use and is very durable.
The cons for slate kitchen flooring include:
- the necessity to have this flooring sealed on an yearly basis in order to maintain its good looks and keep it stainless and slip-free.
- the higher price you will pay for having this natural material as a kitchen flooring.